Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up?
- Any Central National Bank account holder who has a qualified account, is signed up for Mobile Banking, and is a user of the app, are eligible for the Mobile Deposit service, excluding New Opportunity Checking, Health Savings Accounts, Central Secret Agent and Youth Savings Accounts. Qualified accounts are determined at Central National Bank's discretion. Further information can be found in the Mobile Deposit End User Agreement.
- Make sure you're signed up for Online Banking
- Download and install our Android or iOS smartphone app
- Sign into the app and then from the app's menu, choose Mobile Deposit
- Enter your account number(s) to which you'd like to deposit checks, your email address, and your mobile phone number.
- Read the Mobile Deposit End User Agreement., then click Enroll
- Once we receive your request to enroll, we will generally process it within one business day. We'll send you a secure message once you've been set up.
- What is it?
- Mobile Deposit is a mobile deposit service that allows you to deposit checks remotely using your smartphone and the Central National Bank iPhone or Android app.
- On which mobile devices is it available?
- Mobile Deposit is currently available on Apple® iOS and Android™ devices.
- How do I sign up for it?
- You must first be signed up for Online Banking. Once you′re ready, log into our mobile app then go to Menu - Mobile Deposit. From there, follow the prompts to sign up. Once we receive your request, you will generally be signed up within one business day. Once your account is active, we'll notify you via a secure message.
- Is it safe?
- Yes, mobile banking uses the same security infrastructure as online banking and your data is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) data encryption. Access to the application on your mobile device is also password protected. In the event your mobile device is lost, please note that no account data is stored on it.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your deposit has been approved. Please note that we will NOT ask for more information at that time, nor will we ask you to verify your identity. In the event that there is a problem with your deposit, please expect to hear from us via phone.
- How much does it cost?
- There is a $0.50 fee per deposited item. Message and data rates may also apply. Contact your wireless carrier for details.
- What are the eligibility requirements for it?
- Any Central National Bank account holder who has a qualified account, is signed up for Mobile Banking, and is a user of the app, is eligible for the Mobile Check Deposit service. Qualified accounts exclude New Opportunity Checking, Health Savings Accounts, Central Secret Agent and Youth Savings Accounts. Qualified accounts are determined at Central National Bank's discretion.
- Are there limitations on how many deposits I can make?
- You can make no more than 5 deposits per day and deposit one check at a time. The daily limit for deposits is $5,000. You are also limited to 20 checks for a maximum of $20,000 per month.
- What types of checks can I deposit using Mobile Deposit?
- You can deposit checks that are payable to you and have been properly endorsed with your signature and "For Mobile Deposit Only" on the back. Several items are not eligible for Mobile Deposit, for example you cannot deposit foreign checks, third party checks, returned/re-deposited items using Mobile Deposit services. For a complete list of ineligible items refer to the Mobile Deposit End User Agreement.
- How should I endorse checks that I submit through Mobile Deposit?
- Please endorse checks with your signature and the words "For Mobile Deposit Only". PLEASE NOTE: If the back of the check is not properly endorsed, Central National Bank reserves the right to reject the check for deposit.
- Why wouldn't my check be accepted?
- The system may be unable to read your check due to the handwriting, check condition or photo quality. If that is the case, you will need to bring your check to a Central National Bank branch for deposit.
- When will my deposit be available?
- Deposits made prior to 5 p.m. will be credited to your account during nightly processing that night. Deposits made after 5 p.m. or on a Saturday, Sunday or on a holiday, will be processed at the end of the next business day. For example, deposits made after 5 p.m. on Friday will be processed the following Monday evening and available Tuesday.
- Will a hold be placed on my deposit?
- Funds deposited through Mobile Deposit are generally available within 1 business day, but can be delayed up to 3 business days. All deposits are subject to review and funds from your deposit may not be available for immediate withdrawal.
- How do I make a deposit using Mobile Deposit?
- Endorse your check. Add "For mobile deposit only" to the back of the check.
- Launch the app, log in, and choose Mobile Deposit from the menu option
- Take a picture of the front of the check
- Take a picture of the back of the check
- Enter the amount of the check
- Choose which account to deposit the funds into
- Click "Submit"
- A confirmation screen will appear
- A confirmation email will be sent once the item has been received
- What do I do with the check after it's deposited?
- We ask that you securely store the paper check for 7 days. We recommend that you store the checks in an envelope or attach a sticky note noting that the checks were deposited via mobile. Once the retention period has passed you may destroy the check(s) (e.g. shred). We also ask that you confirm that you can see the deposit in your account via online/mobile banking or on your statement prior to destroying them.
- How do I know my deposit has been received?
- Upon submission of a mobile deposit you will receive a confirmation screen confirming your deposit has been received. An email confirmation will follow. You can also confirm your deposit in your account via online/mobile banking or on your statement after your deposit request has been processed. Mobile deposits are processed Monday − Friday after 5 p.m. on normal business days. Items deposited after 5 p.m. are processed the following business day.
How can we help?
Let us know the best way to reach you and one of our customer representatives will be in touch.
© 2018 Central National Bank. All rights reserved.
Secure Page Sign-In
Ensuring the security of your personal information is important to us. When you sign in to Online Banking on our home page, your User Name and Password are secure. The moment you click the Log In button, we encrypt your user name and password using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
Browser Security Indicators
You may notice when you are on our home page that some familiar indicators do not appear in your browser to confirm the entire page is secure. Those indicators include the small "lock" icon in the bottom right corner of the browser frame and the "s" in the Web address bar (for example, "https").
To provide the fast access to our home page, we have made signing in to Online Banking secure without making the entire page secure. You can be assured that your ID and password are secure and that only Central National Bank has access to them.
Centralnational.com is SSL-Encypted
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology secretly encodes (encrypts data) information that is being sent over the Internet between your computer and Central National Bank, helping to ensure that the information remains confidential.